1. The house in Atlanta. It’s done. It’s been on the market for 3ish weeks. We just had it staged last weekend (which I think we should have done right away, but live and learn). It looks beautiful and can we all just shed a tear that I have to sell it? Can we also all say a prayer to St. Joseph and Our Lady of Loreto that someone would like to buy it, circa tomorrow?
2. The house here. Still under contingent contract, which expires shortly. In the process of negotiating a lease option with the seller so I don’t have to give birth and move into my Honda Accord with a newborn and toddler. Just kidding- my parents have told us repeatedly that we are welcome to stay. But that’s just so much more than they signed on for. Plus, I don’t really have a place to quarantine myself with the baby and Will in this house and I fear he will burn it down/sustain serious injuries while free-ranging it through the house while I nurse a baby.
3. The book deal. I’m still waiting for feedback on my last round of revisions. I got an email from an editorial assistant outlining the process of obtaining various permissions. As an unpublished author, it’s my responsibility to seek any necessary permissions for this book. Unless I’m misunderstanding though, I don’t think there should be much to do in this regard for my particular manuscript. I need to give it a reread, but I believe the only direct quotes are from the Bible or Catechism and one can quote small sections of those texts without written permission. (As an aside, I’d like to point out that the fact that all awesome things- build a house! publish a book!- are accompanied by a series of tedious tasks necessary to make this happen. I believe this to be a directly result of the Fall. Yes.)
4. Will. My wild/sweet little boy is almost 2! I can’t believe it. I am having a much harder time with this birthday than with his 1st. Maybe it’s just the impending arrival of the baby, I don’t know. But I can’t believe he’s going to be TWO. That’s like, almost ready for college. I wrote this over at my friend Bronwyn’s about all.the.feelings as our family is growing.
5. The new baby. He/she is cooking away in there, I continue to expand at an alarmingly rapid rate and waddle frantically after my toddler. I can’t remember being this out of breath when I was pregnant with Will. Baby is quite active, especially at night. Dear Little Peanut, please let’s get that piece of things sorted out before you vacate the premises, okay? Because this mama prefers daytime activity to nocturnal activity.
6. The husband. He turned 40 (!) yesterday. Poor guy- it wasn’t the best birthday ever. When Will and I left his swimming class, we got to the car and it wouldn’t start. I tried calling both my parents, my cousin, and my aunt and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. So the husband had to leave work, come get us in the pouring rain, move the carseat, take us home, and then go back to work. After his birthday dinner, he got to go buy a new battery and install it in my car. And then move the carseat back to my car when we got home. Poor guy. I did make him some delicious beef satays with spicy peanut dipping sauce and a flourless chocolate cake, so that counts for something, right?
7. Annnnd….I think that’s “all” that’s going on here. Happy weekend. Go see Kelly!