We finally finished our house in Atlanta and put it on the market two weeks ago. We’ve had a lot of foot traffic, and a few seriously interested parties, but no contract so far. Our realtor is adamant that we’ve had no negative feedback on pricing and that it’s not time to drop the price, so we’ve decided to have some stagers come in this week and stage the home so it’s not empty. (Side note: Holy crap- do you KNOW how much staging costs?! A LOT.)
We do have a contract on a house here in the DC area, but it’s contingent on the sale of our house in Atlanta so we can’t move forward with that until we get our Atlanta house sold.
Here’s Will striding across the lawn of the house we’ve got under contract here. He gives new meaning to, “Walk in like you own the place.”
The house here is super charming, from 1938, with a lot of character. We’ve got a lot planned for some decor updates in the short term and some renovations (hold me) for the long term. Although I’m no professional, I love design so I’m looking forward to documenting how we go about it. Because we ended up moving from Atlanta, I really didn’t get to do any of the design stuff there since we just hired someone to do it for us, as I’d never been in the physical space when decisions needed to be made.
In case you’re following along, I’m 30.5 weeks pregnant. Will was born at 39 weeks. I was on bedrest with him at 38 weeks. If this pregnancy follows a similar timeline, I’ve got 7.5 weeks to sell one house, close on it, close on the other one, move, get settled, find and wash and assemble all the baby stuff, and set up a safe, contained space for Will to play in. Deep cleansing breaths, deep cleansing breaths.
In all seriousness, I am incredibly stressed about the house situation. If we aren’t under contract in Atlanta after this weekend, the husband is going to have our realtor approach the seller’s agent about the possibility of leasing the property until we close on our house in Atlanta. That will put us in the position of paying the mortgage in Atlanta and the rent here for awhile, which is….suboptimal, for obvious reasons, but seems like our best bet given the time frame. If the seller is not willing to do that, I’m not sure what we’re going to do. My parents have assured us that it’s fine for us to stay here, but I feel like that’s a lot more than they signed up for. Another kid (who presumably will be keeping nocturnal hours), an unsupervised toddler wreaking havoc while his newborn sibling nurses all day, and a crazy, crying postpartum lady. Plus, I’d like to get moved and unpacked before we add another small dependent person to the mix. If you’re so inclined, we’d be grateful for prayers for the housing situation!